- 1 cup slivered almonds, well toasted and finely ground
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet and roast the nuts until they are tobacco colour. The nuts will begin to have the aroma of coffee beans roasting. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Once cool, place almonds into the work bowl of a food processor and finely grind. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the vinegar and dissolve the salt and pepper into the vinegar. Whisk Dijon and honey into the vinegar. Slowly whisk in the oil. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Mix in the ground nuts until well combined.
Drizzle dressing over chopped romaine, baby spinach, arugula, or mixed greens. Add sliced vegetables such as carrots, cucumber and tomatoes, if desired. Or try serving with fresh or dried fruits and crumbled goat cheese.
Store any unused dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.