More World-Famous Salmon & Scrumptious Salad
Sesame-Crusted Salmon on Greens
- 6 four-ounce fillets fresh salmon, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
for orange-ginger dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 12 cups mixed greens
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cooked and cut into two-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
- Pat salmon dry. In small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce and mustard. Rub over salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Brush non-stick ovenproof skillet lightly with oil and heat skillet over high heat. Add salmon and cook for 1 minute per side. Transfer to preheated 425 degree oven. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until just cooked.
- To make orange-ginger dressing, whisk together garlic, ginger, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey and hot pepper sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Toss dressing with greens, asparagus, red pepper, orange, cilantro and chives. Serve salad topped with salmon.
This recipe was first published on June 2, 2010 by Dana in the Waterloo Chronicle.
(recipe from Bonnie Stern’s Simply HeartSmart)