- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chopped, seeded tomatoes (we used “Elmira’s own grape tomatoes)
- ¼ cup red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dana Shortt Basil olive oil, or any good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dana Shortt Gourmet Sicilian lemon white balsamic vinegar or 3 (three) tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, pepper to taste
- Place quinoa and 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until water is completely absorbed. Set quinoa aside to cool.
- When quinoa has cooled, transfer to a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients, stirring gently to combine. Let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the fridge to allow the flavours to blend & combine.
Serve as is, or combine with mixed greens to make a salad.
Serve on top of Chipotle Hummus (drizzling with additional olive oil and balsamic vinegar, if desired) and with tortilla chips and fresh veggies for dipping.