- 5 pounds ground lamb
- 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound cooking onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Meatballs and Burgers
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and sauté onions until soft and light golden in colour, about 7–9 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, allspice, cumin, and cinnamon and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring well.
- Place lamb in large bowl. Add cooled onion mixture, currants, mint, eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Form lamb mixture into small meatballs.
- Bake in a 350º F oven until cooked throughout.
- Serve with a spiced yogurt sauce, if desired.
- Shape lamb mixture into roughly 7 oz. sized patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill for about 7–10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 160º