Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Luscious Limeberry:
PERSIAN LIME infused olive oil
CRANBERRY PEAR white balsamic vinegar
Mixed Greens with balsamic soaked Cranberries, Pears and Baked Goat Cheese
- ½ cup DANA’s Cranberry Pear white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup plus 1½ tablespoons DANA’s Persian Lime infused olive oil
- 2 shallots, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 130 gram log goat cheese, sliced into six, half-inch slices
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 1 small box mixed salad greens (about 6 oz.)
- Combine the dried cranberries and the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and let stand for about 12-15 minutes, so that the cranberries can swell.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan set over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for about 2-3 minutes, until they are starting to soften. Turn the heat to medium low, add the garlic and the sugar, stir and cook for another 2 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add in the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, stir. Add the cranberry-balsamic mixture to the oil mixture and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat goat cheese slices in panko bread crumbs and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until panko is golden and the cheese is warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the salad greens with the dressing and toss to coat. Top each portion with sliced pears and a slice of warm baked goat cheese. Serve.
Note – dressing can be made ahead and gently re-warmed if desired.