The Mezze Platter is a Dish Full of Good Fun for All
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- one 16 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ¼ cup chipotle flavoured olive oil plus additional for drizzling
(note: you can substitute regular extra-virgin olive oil if desired)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the garlic into the bowl of a food processor and blitz for a few seconds until chopped.
- Add all other ingredients except olive oil and blitz for about a minute.
- With the machine running, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream, until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe was first published on July 18, 2012 by Dana in the Waterloo Chronicle.