Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Spicy + Sweet:
HARISSA infused olive oil
MANGO white balsamic vinegar
Spicy Chicken Kebabs with Mango & Pineapple
- 1/3 cup DANA’s Harissa olive oil
- 1/3 cup DANA’s Mango balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1½” cubes
- 2 mangos, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, left whole
- 1 pineapple (peeled & cored), cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 18-20, 10” bamboo skewers, soaked in hot water for ½ hour before skewering (to prevent them from splintering)
- Prepare marinade – in a large mason jar, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, ginger, green onions and salt & pepper. Secure with lid and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds or until combined. Set aside.
- Place chicken cubes in a large ziplock bag, add marinade and coat all surfaces of chicken. Marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from ziplock bag and discard marinade.
- Start skewering! Alternately thread chicken cubes, mango, grape tomatoes, pineapple and red onion onto skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high setting. Lightly brush grill with oil. Grill skewers for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Drizzle with optional glaze (see below) before serving, if desired.
Optional – For added flavour, mix additional Harissa olive oil and Mango balsamic and drizzle overtop grilled skewers prior to serving.