Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Taste of the Tropics:
PERSIAN LIME infused olive oil
COCONUT white balsamic vinegar
Cashew & Coconut Crusted Tilapia with Persian Lime Coconut Drizzle
- 1½ lbs. tilapia, boneless and skinless fillets
- ½ cup salted cashews, crushed
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- zest of ½ lime
- 4 tablespoons DANA’s Persian Lime olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons DANA’s Coconut white balsamic vinegar
- optional – fresh pineapple salsa (combine 1 cup finely diced fresh sweet pineapple with 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or mint)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of Persian Lime olive oil over the fish fillets. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Place cashews into a small ziplock bag, seal. Crush cashews into small pieces using a mallet or rolling pin. Transfer cashews to a large shallow bowl; add toasted coconut and lime zest.
- Dredge each fillet in cashew-coconut mixture, transfer fish to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake fish for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, prepare drizzle. Place remaining three tablespoons of Persian Lime olive oil with three tablespoons of Coconut white balsamic in a mason jar or other jar with lid, shake well.
- Pour drizzle over top of fish just before serving. Top with pineapple salsa, if desired (serve on a bed of rice, if desired).