Can’t Go Wrong with Caesar
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1½ cups mayonnaise (not low fat!)
- 1 tbsp. anchovy paste
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup good quality, extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, grated (or substitute Parmesan)
- In a food processor, blitz the garlic pieces until they are very fine.
- Add the mayonnaise, anchovy paste, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- With the motor running, VERY SLOWLY add the olive oil until thickened.
- Fold in the Asiago cheese.
This recipe makes a big batch but the recipe can easily be halved. It lasts for at least two weeks in the fridge.
In addition to salads, try using it as a dip for raw vegetables, a gourmet sandwich spread, or if you love aioli with your French fries, try this instead.
This recipe was first published on August 27, 2014 by Dana in the Waterloo Chronicle.