Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Blackberry Zinger:
PERSIAN LIME infused olive oil
BLACKBERRY GINGER dark balsamic vinegar
Blackberry Mint Salsa
- ½ cup red onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons DANA’s Blackberry-Ginger dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons DANA’s Persian Lime infused olive oil
- 3 cups firm, fresh blackberries, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
(remove the seeds if you don’t want it very spicy)
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- the grated zest & juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced red onions, the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil. Allow the mixture to sit/marinate for about 10 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a separate, medium sized bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Add the onion mixture to the blackberry mixture and stir to combine. The salsa can be paired with a marinated steak, grilled chicken, pork or as a dip for tortilla chips.