Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Blackberry Zinger:
PERSIAN LIME infused olive oil
BLACKBERRY GINGER dark balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups whole fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons DANA’s Blackberry-Ginger dark balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons DANA’s all-natural Butter flavoured olive oil OR 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the blackberries in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash them slightly to release some of their juices. Add the balsamic vinegar and ¼ cup sugar to the berries and set aside.
- To make the batter, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Add the remaining 1 cup of sugar, milk, vanilla, and butter olive oil, and stir until evenly blended.
- Pour the batter into a 9” round pan, then add the blackberry mixture to the center of the batter (the berries will sink into the batter).
- Bake until the top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the batter comes out clean, about 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.