Oil + Vinegar – Pairing – Luscious Limeberry:
PERSIAN LIME infused olive oil
CRANBERRY PEAR white balsamic vinegar
Avocado Cranberry Salsa
- 1/3 cup DANA’s Cranberry Pear white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped (do not remove the seeds if you want a little heat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or substitute green onions or chives if you don’t like cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon DANA’s Persian Lime infused olive oil
- the zest of 1/4 orange (optional)
- the zest of 1/2 lime
- the juice of 1 lime
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, the dried cranberries and the sliced red onions in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat (this should take about 1-2 minutes). Remove from heat and let stand for about 12-15 minutes, so that the cranberries can swell and the onions can soften.
- While the cranberry-onion mixture is marinating, combine the other ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add in the reserved cranberry mixture and stir gently to combine.
Enjoy the salsa on top of cooked chicken, pork or white fish such as mahi-mahi. Combine with mixed greens to make a salad. It also makes a delicious dip for tortilla chips or pita wedges.